Server to Server HTTP Question...

Thread: Server to Server HTTP Question...

Jeremy Green Guest

Default Server to Server HTTP Question...

How do I make a server to server request with an ASP page?

Default RE: Server to Server HTTP Question...

I am not quite sure on what you are asking but here is my best shot to answer, what I think you are asking...<BR><BR>Server a (<BR><BR>Server b (<BR><BR>index.asp on server a (<BR>&#060;a href=";%=session("var1")%&#062;"& #062;Click here&#060;/a&#062; to submit var 1 to server b<BR><BR>-- Whol

RDM Guest

Default ADO ???

If you are looking to run a query on one server and retrieve it for additional processing on the calling server, there is a simple article at that uses XMLHttp, XML, and ASP. This particular example does not use SOAP to return the ADO recordset.

Jeremy Green Guest

Default RE: ADO ???

That article was GREAT! Do you know where I can find example of reading an HTTP 200 stream without all of the XML?<BR><BR>jg

RDM Guest

Default Anything you want...

The key point I wanted to get across in the article was that you could response.write any **** thing you wanted and have it returned back to the XMLHttp stream. I just happened to have chosen either a straight XML stream or ADO created XML stream.<BR>Whatever is returned back to the XMLHttp object is basically just a string of data. You may treat it however you like...