does anyone Know FRAMES?????

Thread: does anyone Know FRAMES?????

Default does anyone Know FRAMES?????

**** frames!! I have a frame(main2) that is broken down into 2 sections, a top and a bottoom. The top portion always has a table in it with a link that shows info about the record in the bottom frame. When I display data in the bottom frame and then have a add button and I select it, the bottom portion refreshes to the add mode.(OK) This is OK. Then when I finish entering in data and press submit I want the page to refresh the MAIN2 part, with the top frame (the table part) and the bottom (html stuff) appearing. The PROBLEM IS when I press submit the page refreshes but the top part never changes and the bottom now is --- 2 parts with the table (with the new record) on top and the html on the bottom.(all in the bottom frame) This makes main 2 not top and bottom, but top, top, and bottom. I have 2 tables - 1 that never changes and 1 that has the changes, but in the wrong spot. The part of the refresh should work. It is --- <BR><BR>&#060;meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;Url=main2.asp?top=ViewLocations.asp&bot tom=Locations1.asp" target="main2"&#062; <BR><BR>Any suggestions that do not involve redoing my project in tables? <BR><BR>The code in main2 just puts 2 blank frames into the top and bottom until a link is hit from a left frame. The code is <BR><BR>&#060;HTML&#062; <BR>&#060;HEAD&#062; <BR>&#060;META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0"&#062; <BR><BR><BR>&#060;BASE TARGET="Main2.asp"&#062; <BR>&#060;%dim top, bottom <BR><BR>if not request("Top") = "" then <BR>top = request("Top") <BR>else <BR>top = "Blank.asp" <BR>end if <BR><BR>if not request("Bottom") = "" then <BR>bottom = request("Bottom") <BR>else <BR>bottom = "Blank1.asp" <BR>end if%&#062; <BR> <BR> &#060;FRAMESET ROWS="40,60"&#062; <BR> &#060;FRAME NAME="Top" SRC="&#060;%=Top%&#062;" <BR> FRAMEBORDER="1" NORESIZE SCROLLING="YES"&#062; <BR> &#060;FRAME NAME="Bottom" SRC="&#060;%=Bottom%&#062;" <BR> FRAMEBORDER="1" NORESIZE SCROLLING="YES"&#062; <BR> <BR> &#060;/FRAMESET&#062; <BR><BR>&#060;/HEAD&#062; <BR>&#060;BODY BGCOLOR=lightblue &#062;

Anton de WIt Guest

Default RE: does anyone Know FRAMES?????

Use a lil JavaScript which involves refreshing the parent frame.<BR><BR>This will allow you to refresh the entire frameset.<BR><BR>Or you could use some JavaScript to refresh both frames separately.<BR><BR>Like <BR>parent.frames.[0] = table thingy<BR>parent.frames.[1] = data<BR><BR><BR>The syntax may not be correct since I haven;t used this for a while.<BR>Just check some Javascript site like for full JavaScript info. Check either window or location objects...<BR><BR>Good luck.<BR><BR>