getting to next record

Thread: getting to next record

Steve Bishop Guest

Default getting to next record

This is probably a newbie question and pointing me to an example might be the best? I&#039m trying to setup an online survey with one question and text box per page. When the user submits their answer for the first question, I&#039d like the second question to show up. I&#039ve got the first part down... the first question shows up and the users answer is posted to an Access database. What I&#039m stuck on is how to get the next record (2nd question) to show up. I&#039d place my code here, but it&#039s such a mish mash now after having tried a bunch of different examples. Is there an FAQ on this site that might provide some insight? Thanks!

Default RE: getting to next record

The best way is, assuming you are using VbScript, is to place a response.redirect("pagename.asp") after the code places the information into the access database. Just remember, with this all of your code needs to be in the head tags. You can redirect to the same page you came from and use a querystring in the URL to change questions. Example:<BR><BR>Processing Page<BR>&#060;%<BR>Put answer in database<BR>response.redirect("questions.asp?quest ion=2")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Question Page<BR>&#060;%<BR>question=request.querystring("q uestion")<BR>if question=1 then<BR>%&#062;<BR>first question<BR>&#060;%end if<BR>if question=2 then<BR>%&#062;<BR>Second question<BR>&#060;%end if%&#062;<BR>and so on<BR><BR><BR>

Steve Bishop Guest

Default Thanks! RE: getting to next record

Thanks a bunch! I knew I was close, just needed to be pointed to the next step.<BR><BR>Steve