Anchors and variables

Thread: Anchors and variables

Default Anchors and variables

How do I pass both an anchor and a variable on the URL.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried<BR><BR>which gives me nothing when I request l<BR><BR>I&#039;ve also tried<BR><BR>which gives me 1#3 when I request l<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default RE: Anchors and variables

&nbsp;<BR>Hmm<BR><BR><BR><BR>wouldn&#039;t that work?<BR>guess i don&#039;t use anchors much.<BR>

Default Seems to me...

...that I remember reading someplace that this can&#039;t be done.<BR><BR>I think the reason that I recall makes sense:<BR><BR>Named anchors (xyz.html#foobar) are an HTML feature, *NOT* a server side feature! And the HTML processor must receive them *UNCHANGED* by the server!<BR><BR>With ASP, the URL is *never* unchanged, as the page *must* be first sent to the server before being mangled by ASP and finally sent back--with what is *actually* an essentially unknown URL!--to the server and thence to the browser.<BR><BR>So...<BR><BR>The solution is *probably* to build the "jump to anchor" stuff into your own ASP coding, instead. I&#039;ve never tried this, but what about:<BR><BR>&#060;BODY onLoad="location.href=&#039;#xyz&#039;;"&#062;<BR> <BR>???<BR><BR>