ASP not working in NS.

Thread: ASP not working in NS.

Priyan Guest

Default ASP not working in NS.

Hi all,<BR>I have a machine in which NT,SP4,PWS installed. The problem is, Asp files are not working with NS (HTMLs are OK) and all works with IE. When an ASP file is called NS is bringing a user name & pwd window/screen asking - "Enter user name for unknown at &#060;my machine name&#062;:". This is not from my page and it is not coming in IE. I&#039;ve tried all the username and pwd it is not going in. When I do cancel on this screen, it disappears and went back to the browser displaying error message :<BR><BR>HTTP Error 401<BR><BR>401.3 Unauthorized: Unauthorized due to ACL on resource<BR><BR>This error indicates that the credentials passed by the client do not have access to the particular resource on the server. This<BR>resource could be either the page or file listed in the address line of the client, or it could be another file on the server that is<BR>needed to process the file listed on the address line of the client.<BR><BR>Please make a note of the entire address you were trying to access and then contact the Web server&#039;s administrator to verify<BR>that you have permission to access the requested resource.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve checked the permission of all my web folder, it seems OK.<BR><BR>Does any one know Why this is happening in NS. Iam using NS 4.5.<BR>Please help<BR>Thanks in advance. <BR>

James W. Guest

Default RE: ASP not working in NS.

Try this KB:<BR><BR><BR>This can also cover permission problems on includes.

Default RE: ASP not working in NS.

You must be using NT Challenge Response as your web folder security. Set it to allow annonymous and try it.

Priyan Guest

Default ASP not working in NS.

Hi Dave,<BR>Thanks for your reply. I checked the settings you said in my PWS.<BR>Iam not using NT Challenge response. Allow anonymous is checked.<BR><BR>Once again, My problem is .ASP and HTML files are working with IE. But in NS only HTMLs are working and no ASPs.<BR>Please help.<BR>Priyan

? Guest

Default ?