problem with SQL/login

Thread: problem with SQL/login

Adrian Guest

Default problem with SQL/login

Below is my code. The problem is that in my code I am calling the "user" as a value in my SQL. but if there is no user by that name it creates an error. <BR>where can i go from here, what are my options?<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>&#060;%@ Language="VBScript" %&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- #Include virtual="/" --&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>user = Request.Form("user")<BR>Set MyConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>MdbFile Path = Server.MapPath("/db/test.mdb")<BR>MyConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & MdbFilePath & ";"<BR>SQL_query="SELECT * FROM tbltest WHERE user = &#039;"&user & "&#039;"<BR>Set RSlogin = MyConn.Execute(SQL_query)<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR >If Request.Form ("pass") = RSlogin("pass") then<BR>Response.Redirect ("updateprice.asp")<BR>Else <BR>Response.Redirect ("storelogin.asp?msg=" & Server.URLEncode("Incorrect username and password"))<BR>End if<BR>%&#062;

Default RE: problem with SQL/login

check recordcount property of the recordset if recordset is empty then response an error

Adrian Guest

Default huh?

sorry, explain more <BR>show me some code please

Default RE: huh?

TRy this <BR><BR>if Not Rs.EOF Then <BR> &#039;Your code goes here<BR>else<BR> response.write"REcord not found"<BR>end if<BR>

Default Would like to add here...

...If you are just checking the user name and password from the table then why select "EVERYTHING", just select username and password from your table.