Help with Syntax on Redirect

Thread: Help with Syntax on Redirect

K Johns Guest

Default Help with Syntax on Redirect

Hi Everyone,<BR> I would like to know how to accomplish this- I have a login page that compares to a database. I ask for it to select the RecordID from the table if the login is correct. Is there any way to get the RecordID into the redirect page? Example being if the username= george and the password= curious the RecordID is 5. So I want the script to redirect to "quotepage.asp?id=5" How would I go about this in my code? Here is my current code if it helps:<BR><BR>dim connectionString<BR>dim conn<BR>dim rs<BR>set conn= Server.CreateObject ("adodb.connection")<BR>conn.Open Application("Connection1_ConnectionString")<BR><BR >set rs= conn.Execute("Select RecID from QNLots Where Username=&#039;"& Request.Form("username")&"&#039; and Password=&#039;"& Request.Form("password")&"&#039;")<BR>If rs.EOF Then<BR>Response.Redirect "fail.asp"<BR>else<BR>Response.Redirect "..quotenow/quotepage.asp"<BR>end if<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Kimberly

Default RE: Help with Syntax on Redirect

dim strRedirect<BR>strRedirect = "..quotenow/quotepage.asp?id=" & rs("RecordID") <BR>Response.Redirect(strRedirect)

K Johns Guest

Default RE: Help with Syntax on Redirect

Thank you Thank you Thank you! :)