Application Level Security

Thread: Application Level Security

Default Application Level Security

For Security, What I am doing is once the User Had logged In Successfully through Login ASP Page, I keep a Boolean Session Variable for successful login.<BR><BR>Then in every ASP Page I check for that Session Variable and Do stuff else say access denied.<BR><BR>Please let me know if this will work if not What are other better Security strategies.<BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: Application Level Security

It works for me. Instead of giving them an &#039;access denied&#039; message though, you might want to just send them back to the logon page. It is kind of annoying to be &#039;denied access&#039; just because your session has timed out.

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default What is better

Well,<BR><BR>That is standard security for an application.<BR><BR>YOu can use ssl, a component like aspencrypt. or write your own algorithm. <BR><BR>I wrote a security system thats customizable, but it uses a session var and a session array but will easily switch to a stored procedure method.<BR><BR>Answer: it depends on what you need.

Default Thanks

I really didn&#039;t knew earlier if the way I was doing the Security Check was the normal Standard for Average Small Application with no sensitive Business Information.<BR><BR>Thanks a lot for replying to my question.