ASP-Email Question

Thread: ASP-Email Question

Default ASP-Email Question

I have a form that I am using to capture data. One of the fields is an email field filled in by the user. I want to have the data from this field populate the "From:" field of the aspemail script.<BR><BR>Here&#039;s what I have:<BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="email" value="&#060;%=Request.Form("email")%&#062;"&#062; <BR><BR>Then I set a variable for the data for aspemail to understand:<BR>xf3=request.form("email")<BR><BR>Th en I fill in the aspemail function:<BR>Mail.From = Request.QueryString("xf3")<BR><BR>The message goes through, but nothing shows up in the from field of the message.<BR><BR>Any ideas??<BR><BR>Thanks!

James W. Guest

Default RE: ASP-Email Question

If you do:<BR>xf3=request.form("email")<BR>Mail.From = Request.QueryString("xf3")<BR><BR>on the same page, that&#039;s the problem. It should be:<BR>Mail.From=xf3<BR>If not, try response.write request.querystring("xf3") before setting it as the .From to ensure the value is being passed correctly.

Default ASP-Email Question If (CDONTS)

Here is one way.<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim myCDONTSMail<BR> Dim strFrom<BR> Dim strTo<BR> Dim strSubject<BR> Dim strBody<BR> <BR>strFrom= Request.Form("emailfieldname")<BR>strTo= ""<BR>strSubject="Title"<B R>strBody = strBody & Request.Form("memofield")<BR>Set myCDONTSMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR><BR>myCDONTSMail .Send strFrom,strTo,strSubject,strBody<BR><BR>Set myCDONTSMail = Nothing<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR>