Database Connection in one File

Thread: Database Connection in one File

Venter Guest

Default Database Connection in one File

I would like to have in one File a Database Connection,<BR>here it would be a ODBC and in each other file I would<BR>like to open the Datebase via Command.<BR><BR>Reason:<BR>I have several Files and in each I have the DatabaseConnect.<BR>Now there could be change which mean that I have to change<BR>all files but I only want to do this in one File.<BR>I would be very pleased if you could help me out.

Stephane Plattner Guest

Default RE: Database Connection in one File

Have you examined the possibilities of Server Side Includes? <BR>This is probably the way to go for you. Define your database connection specifications in a file and save it as & (or any another name, as you wish :-)<BR><BR>Then edit your ASPs and add the line<BR>&#060;!--#include file=""--&#062;<BR>(if you have saved the file in the same directory as your ASP) at the top of your pages. <BR><BR>Any changes you do in the file "" will automatically be applied to all your ASP&#039s. <BR><BR>Check your ASP documentation on Server Side Includes, or read the great article on the 4guysfromrolla web-page for further information about this issue.<BR><BR>