Application variable not reset

Thread: Application variable not reset

Default Application variable not reset

Dear all,<BR>I use the application variable to check if certain user<BR>has already logged in.The global.asa file is as follows:<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="Server"&#062;<BR><BR>Sub Application_OnStart<BR><BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Sub Application_OnEnd<BR><BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Sub Session_OnStart<BR>Session.TimeOut = 15<BR>End Sub<BR> <BR>Sub Session_OnEnd<BR>Application(session("username"))= "false" <BR>End Sub<BR><BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>Say, now John has logged in,so session("John") will set<BR>to true until session times out or the user John logged off,then<BR>session("John") will set back to false.<BR><BR>And everytime user logins the system will check if <BR>session("username") is true,if yes the user cannot login<BR>and vice versa.<BR><BR>However,sometimes the Application(session("username")) will<BR>not set to false even after the session timeout time(I set it<BR>to 15 mins) and the user can never login again!!<BR><BR>Who can help me with such problem?Should I set some properties<BR>in IIS?I do not want to use database since it is not a good<BR>choice.<BR><BR>Thank you very much in advance!

Default RE: Application variable not reset

you need to do an application.lock and application.unlock to edit the var.<BR><BR>j