How to use HTTP upload through ASP ?

Thread: How to use HTTP upload through ASP ?

Matthew MacSua Guest

Default How to use HTTP upload through ASP ?

Does anyone know how to upload a file using HTTP, either by using the ASPHTTP component or ASPTear component. This would essencially simulate uploading a file through a browser using a form on a webpage.<BR><BR>What headers have to be set and how does the data have to be encapsulated during a POST operation ? Is it even possible using the above components, or something entirely different ? Every component is server-side based for allowing clients to upload to a site, but not a site (server-side) to upload to another site :)<BR><BR>Any ideas ?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Matthew MacSuga

RDM Guest

Default Are you open to using the Free Dundas Control?

If so, there is a complete sample app in ASP along with the free component at

. Guest

Default CROSSPOST

Matthew MacSuga Guest

Default RE: Are you open to using the Free Dundas Control?

Does it do what I asked ? I looked at the page, but doesn&#039;t explicitly say that it does that. Remember, this is not accepting a file on the server from a user, it&#039;s sending a file generated on the server, sent by the server, to another server that is set up to accept a file via. http upload.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>- Matthew<BR>

RDM Guest

Default Are you controlling both servers?

If so, then yes. You could configure an ASP page on server A to send the file to server B. If not, I&#039;d need to know how server B is accepting the upload request.