Netscape causes an HTTP Error 400?

Thread: Netscape causes an HTTP Error 400?

Joshua Mann Guest

Default Netscape causes an HTTP Error 400?

I have one asp page that submits a form to another asp page which validates the form, if no errors are found then using response.redirect i pass the form information to another asp page. This is the point where i recieve the HTTP 400 - Bad Request error, but i only recieve the error in netscape not in IE. Does netscape require the information in a different format? How could a browser type cause a server error? How do i get this thing to work? Please help any way possible. Thank you.

Sathiya Guest

Default RE: Netscape causes an HTTP Error 400?

If you are passing some varaible from one page to another using response.redirect see that the values dont have space if space is their some times it gives the server error. use URLEncode to remove this problem.

Cindy Guest

This is new to me. Can you pass information by useing response.redirect. So if I have form1.asp goes to form2.asp then the form2.asp will use response.redirect(form3.asp) to form3.asp.<BR>Can form1.asp information sends to form3.asp.<BR><BR>If this is the case, can you a very simple sample here.<BR><BR><BR>Thanks a million.<BR><BR>Cindy

Joshua Mann Guest

yes you can.<BR><BR>Form1.asp:<BR>&#060;form action="form2.asp" method="post"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="text" name="text1"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="submit" Value="submit"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>Form2.asp:<BR>&#060;%text1 = request.form("text1")%&#062;<BR>&#039some code that does something with the input of text1<BR>&#060;%response.redirect("form3.asp?text1 =" & text1)%&#062;<BR><BR>Form3.asp:<BR>&#060;%text1 = request.querystring("text1")%&#062;<BR>&#039code to do something with text1 input<BR>&#039if you wanted to write it you could do<BR>&#060;%=text1%&#062;<BR>or<BR>&#060;%respons e.write(text1)%&#062;<BR><BR>hope this helps.<BR>if you need anything else just reply.<BR>Joshua Mann<BR>