I can't get the basic scripts working!!!

Thread: I can't get the basic scripts working!!!

claire dwire Guest

Default I can't get the basic scripts working!!!

Hi All<BR>I am new to ASP and have just bought the book &#039;ASP in 21 days&#039;. But I cannot get the even the simple scripts at the begining of the book to work?? The only thing I can think of is that im running an evaluation copy of 2000 server on my machine?? I have tried eveything I can think of but can&#039;t seem to get the VBScript to process itself on the server. Only the HTML shows up in the browser and on viewing the &#039;scource&#039; its showing all the VBScript aswell which it shouldn&#039;t do?? I am running IIS and saving the scripts with asp extension in the correct wwwroot dir??<BR><BR>Hope there is someone to advise. Thanks<BR><BR>Claire

Default Try this

Create a file using notepad. In it type:<BR><BR>The current time is: &#060;%=Time()%&#062;<BR><BR>save this page in the C:Inetpubwwwroot directory with the filename: test.asp<BR><BR>(double check to make sure that notepad hasn&#039;t added a .txt extension to the file)<BR><BR>Then, fire up IE or Netscape or whatever browser you want. Enter into the URL bar:<BR><BR>http://localhost/test.asp<BR><BR>What happens? What do you see? What do you see if you do a view Source?