Global.asa....weird, not working. Help.

Thread: Global.asa....weird, not working. Help.

Patty Guest

Default Global.asa....weird, not working. Help.

I am trying to find out how many users are currently on my web site. I&#039;ve followed the example found in the 4guysfromrolla site but for some weird reason, it doesn&#039;t work.<BR>This is what I did:<BR><BR>global.asa (which is directly in my directory)<BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="Server"&#062; <BR>Sub Application_OnStart<BR> Session.Timeout = 2<BR> Application.Lock<BR> Application("WhosOn") = 0<BR> Application.UnLock<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Sub Session_OnStart<BR> Application.Lock<BR> Application("WhosOn") = Application("WhosOn") + 1<BR> Application.UnLock<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Sub Session_OnEnd<BR> Application.Lock<BR> Application("WhosOn") = Application("WhosOn") - 1<BR> Application.UnLock<BR>End Sub<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>my whoisonline.asp page that output the number of users currently online.<BR>response.write("<BR><BR>there are presently -&#062; " & Application("WhosOn") & " &#060;- users!")<BR><BR>what I get from the above output is this:<BR>there are presently -&#062; &#060;- users!<BR><BR>anyone knows what I missed ?<BR>Thanks in advance.

Dalibor Sver Guest

Default Not sure - but I think...

...that in order to process global.asa server must be restarted. Try it locally on PWS for example and see if it works

Patty Guest

Default Well, it sort of works...on my

When I test the same thing out on my win2k pro development pc, everything works ok. I did not reboot (my win2k) system though.<BR><BR>Does this mean that I need to restat the NT4 server that the web site actually resides on?<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>Patty

RDM Guest

Default Restart web site-Possible restart of IIS may be ne

...Do not need to reboot the server itself.

Patty Guest

Default ok. Can I ?

All right. Thanks.<BR>Is it possible for me to restart the web site remotly? throught my browser , if I have administrative privileges?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Patty Guest

Default The answer !

Restarting only the web site did not work.<BR>I stoped and restarted the IIS service, and it worked!<BR><BR>Maybe this could be helpful to others.