DOM Problem

Thread: DOM Problem

Default DOM Problem

This is my third board, hopefully better luck here... <BR>Having a problem loading an XML file into the XMLDocument object using the load <BR>method. If I go straight to the file through the browser it pulls up fine seeing <BR>the external entity references fine, but I need to transform the document with <BR>XSL prior to sending it out. The problem is that the XMLDocument won&#039;t load <BR>anything past the Doctype declaration thus leading me to the "XML document must <BR>have a top level element" error. <BR><BR>I have gotten the exact same files (minus path changes to the references) to work <BR>on a different server running an older version of IE, but I get this error on <BR>this box. I could understand it if it wouldn&#039;t come up at all but since it will <BR>come up directly through the browser just not through ASP and XMLDocument object. Again, it just stops reading the document after the DTD. <BR>I&#039;m confused. Any help would be appreciated. <BR>.

sen Guest

Default RE: DOM Problem

I think you are working in 3.0 parser version, why dont you try in 2.6[i hope this is not a perfect solution]..... better post your xml,dtd,xsl for good response