Ordering of data input into the database.

Thread: Ordering of data input into the database.

Billy McClure Guest

Default Ordering of data input into the database.

Scenario: Users input 50 questions into a database using a form that puts in one question, hit the update button, it adds it to the database and reloads the form, ready for the next question.<BR><BR>SOMETIMES, just sometimes (1 out of every 15 tests), the questions will get mixed up (like 20 - 50 will jump to the start and 1 - 19 will be after 50 appears). What do you think is happening?

Default Ummmmm....

Can you post the code for your page with the form? That would help in getting help faster ;)<BR><BR>-- Whol

Default RE: Ummmmm....

I&#039;ve always felt uncomfortable with posting code (sorry). But I doubt it is a code problem since it happens so infrequently. I was thinking that it is a Cache problem, and I need some type of function that will dump the cache and start anew.

RDM Guest

Default Possibility

You didn&#039;t give a great deal of detail but perhaps your form is getting submitted more than once by the user...Are you performing any checks to prevent this?<BR><BR>Here&#039;s the cache code.<BR><BR>Response.Buffer = True<BR>Response.AddHeader "cache-control", "private"<BR>Response.AddHeader "pragma", "no-cache"<BR>Response.ExpiresAbsolute = #January 1, 1990 00:00:01# <BR>Response.Expires=0