Thread: response.end

Frank M Guest

Default response.end

Is there an equivelant to goto in sql?<BR><BR>I have a lookup that displays info from 2 tables. If the rs is eof for the first table I want to print a statement to that effect and move to the second table without displaying the blank table and form for the first so I do a response.end and of course the second table code never runs. So my question is is there a way to response.end at that point but move to the second table code? Thank you.

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: response.end

Well you can use an IF condition<BR><BR>If rec1.eof then -&#062; first table recordset<BR>no data<BR>else<BR>build the table<BR>end if<BR><BR>if If rec2.eof then -&#062; second table recordset<BR>no data<BR>else<BR>build the table<BR>end if<BR>

Medieval Dude Guest

So why don&#039;t you put the table 1 code inside of an IF statement?<BR>&#060;%If NOT rs.eof Then%&#062;<BR>&#060;table name="table1"&#062;<BR>...<BR>&#060;/table&#062;<BR>&#060;%End If%&#062;<BR>&#060;table name="table2"&#062;<BR>...<BR>&#060;/table&#062;<BR>

Or alternately... Guest

You could set up Ak&#039;s idea like this...<BR>If rec1.eof then -&#062; first table recordset <BR>no data <BR>else <BR>build the table <BR>end if <BR><BR>While Not rec2.eof<BR>build the table <BR>Wend<BR><BR>So if there is nothing in either table, you don&#039;t get two statements to that effect, one after another, unless of course, you want that. In that case, go with Ak&#039;s code.

Frank M Guest

Default 2 great ideas TY both very much

Frank M Guest

Default make that 3 thanks