Submit Buttons in FORMS

Thread: Submit Buttons in FORMS

rrt Guest

Default Submit Buttons in FORMS

I want to create a "First", "Previous", "Next", "Last" button in my form. For that I have 4 submit buttons in the same form which is coming back to my existing page. Also I have a hidden box.<BR><BR>This code is in myform.asp :<BR><BR>If Request.Form ("Check") = "True" Then<BR> <BR> If Request.Form ("Submit") = "Previous" Then<BR> rst.MovePrevious<BR> ElseIf Request.Form ("Submit") = "Next" Then<BR> rst.MoveNext<BR> ElseIf Request.Form ("Submit") = "First" Then<BR> rst.MoveFirst<BR> ElseIf Request.Form ("Submit") = "Last" Then<BR> rst.MoveLast<BR> End If<BR> <BR>Else<BR> rst.MoveFirst<BR>End If<BR><BR>Now my form is below this code which is:<BR><BR>&#060;FORM action="myform.asp" method="POST"&#062;<BR>..........<BR>..........<BR >&#060;input type="HIDDEN" name="Check" value="True&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Previous"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Next"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;input type="submit" name="Submit" value="First"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Last"&#062;<BR>&#060;/FORM&#062;<BR><BR>If I run this code, on opening this page; I see the first record. Also the "First" & "Last" buttons work. When I click the "Next" button first time, it goes to the 2nd record. However it stays in the second record if I click "Next" anymore. The "Previous" button gives me a error:<BR><BR>ADODB.Field error &#039;800a0bcd&#039; <BR><BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record<BR><BR>This is even when the displayed recordset is the 2nd one.<BR>Can anyone please help me figure out where my code is going wrong? Thank You

Default You should be using paging

rrt Guest

Default RE: What is paging?

I can&#039;t get what you&#039;re talking about. Can you please tell me what that is?

Los Angeles, CA

Default IF you could be bothered to search...

...for what it was you would have got the answer<BR><BR>read this<BR><BR>