Ensuring updated records show

Thread: Ensuring updated records show

nomit Guest

Default Ensuring updated records show

I have an asp page that posts to itself <BR>ie - an update query runs on submit and then the select query runs below. Prob is that updates don&#039;t show on the first submit and I have to do a manual refresh. Can I either slow (?!!) the time between queries or somehow code something that ensures all database changes show?<BR>Cheers

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default RE: Ensuring updated records show

To be sure ASP pages show the latest data, perhaps put something like the following toward the top of the database orientated page:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Expires = -1000 &#039; Make browser not cache pg.<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR>http://www.Bullschmidt.com<BR><BR>

nomit Guest

Default RE: Ensuring updated records show

Cheers - not sure if the cache is the prob though<BR>As a page reloads from the server ...<BR>it does one query - updating records and almost imediately runs another select query. The select query almost never picks up the chnages in the first query (which are both run off the same asp page)<BR><BR>The page only loads once but has two database queries on it<BR><BR>Cheers<BR>