Help on Calling a .Net Component in ASP Page

Thread: Help on Calling a .Net Component in ASP Page

Anil K Sangesapu Guest

Default Help on Calling a .Net Component in ASP Page

I need to call a .Net Component in ASP Page. I'm able to create an instance using Server.CreateObject but not able to execute any of the methods. This is just a simple component written in C sharp. I have registered it using regasm. I have also tried to create a COM component of the .Net using tlbexp and use it in the ASP Page, but still the problem persists. Any help or pointers is highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Default RE: Help on Calling a .Net Component in ASP Page

I think that if you need to expose some of your logic between different platforms/technologies that you&#039;d need to write your component as a &#039;Web Service&#039; and register it on a Server with the CLR installed.<BR><BR>When you say "I&#039;m able to create an instance" are you sure that an actual instance of your Component is created? If so how did you validate that?<BR><BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Darren<BR>[ ]

Anil K Sangesapu Guest

Default RE: Help on Calling a .Net Component in ASP Page

When i called the toString() method on the instance it displayed the Prog ID. So that validates that the Object is created. I&#039;m running my webserver on a .Net environment i.e. it has CLR installed.<BR>my asp page is simple with Set objSimple = Server.CreateObject("SimpleCCom.SampleCCom")<BR>Re sponse.Write "objSimple : " & objSimple.toString() works fine<BR>therez a sample() method in my component that returns a string<BR>Response.Write "String : " & objSimple.sample() doesn&#039;t work<BR><BR>Firstly, Is it Possible to call a C# Component(with or without any changes) in a basic ASP Page Ver2.0?