For BAM, and anyone who can help

Thread: For BAM, and anyone who can help

DBNewbie Guest

Default For BAM, and anyone who can help

Bam,<BR><BR>I created an include file for my connection string, and this error has occurred before: how can I resolve it?<BR><BR>When I open my recordset, the connection argument matches my db connection name, and when i put it in an include I get thios error:<BR><BR>Arguments are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.<BR><BR>when i drop in the connection string, it works great. How can I work around this?<BR><BR>Thanks again for your time<BR>DBNewbie

BAM Guest

Default Post your code

NPKumar Guest

Default RE: For BAM, and anyone who can help

Pls paste your code here.<BR>You might be using <BR> "Conn_String"<BR>Remove quotes and use Conn_String

DBNewbie Guest

Default RE: Post your code

set db = server.CreateObject("adodb.connection") <BR>db.Open "Driver=SQL Server;Server=;UID=sa;PWD=;Database=Devel opment;"<BR><BR>set rs = server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")<BR>stmt = "SELECT * FROM states ORDER BY stateabbr"<BR><BR>rs.Open stmt, db, adOpenKeyset, ,adCmdText<BR><BR>its when i drop out the first 2 lines that the page borks

BAM Guest

If you&#039;re using a db include file then you don&#039;t need the connection at the top of the page. You only need one or the other.

NPKumar Guest

db.Open "Driver=SQL Server;Server=;UID=sa;PWD=;Database=Devel opment;"<BR>Try with the foolowing one.<BR>db.Open "Provider=SQLoledb; Server=;UID=sa;PWD=;Database=Development; "