User Server.Transfer method

Thread: User Server.Transfer method

Joseph Vincent Guest

Default User Server.Transfer method

I'm just starting to try out ASP. In my book there is an example of the Server.Transfer method. When I run the code our server gives me an Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Server.Transfer' error message. I tried Response.Redirect instead and this worked. Is Server.Transfer a new ASP method? I'm thinking maybe we are running an old version of ASP? How do I find this out? And how do we upgrade if necessary?

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default Server.Transfer is New

Yes, Server.Transfer is something new and here&#039;s a relevant resource:<BR><BR>New Directions in Redirection: Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0 Provides Two New Methods for Redirection by Ram Papatla<BR><BR>Server.Transfer (instead of Response.Redirect) and Server.Execute work on IIS5 which is on Win2000.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR>

Default IIS v5

Which version of IIS are you running?<BR>The 2 new Redirect methods (Execute & Tranfer) these were introduced with IIS 5 (ASP3.0)

Joseph Vincent Guest

Default RE: IIS v5

We still have IIS 4.0 so i&#039;m guessing that Server.Transfer cannot be used?