120 Database Connections

Thread: 120 Database Connections

Eric Lebetsamer Guest

Default 120 Database Connections

I am Building a Conference Room Scheduler for my intranet. I have it built and working but the problem is that I am making 120 connections to the database at once. As you can imagine this gets very slow. This is only temporary but I had to make it work for now. The reason I make 120 connections is because I am using 120 select statements to pull the data for each room and date and time slot. I have time slots in half n hour intervals. Starting at 7:00 am to 6:30 pm. And I have 4 rooms. That is what gives me the 120 connections. I know that there must be a way to only pull one recordset then do something like:<BR>room1a=recordset("room")=Room1<BR><BR>but I have not found a way yet. Please if anyone can help, let me know. Thanks.

Default RE: 120 Database Connections

You don&#039t need to open so many connections... you can <BR>have open multiple recordsets, select queries with one<BR>connections. So it says on the site and I am trying to do this<BR>myself right now !!!!<BR><BR>http://asp-help.com/database/db_multiplers1.asp