Mind Bender: Updatable status sporadic!

Thread: Mind Bender: Updatable status sporadic!

Default Mind Bender: Updatable status sporadic!

I am connecting to an Access database with a regular string:<BR> Set objConnection=server.createobject("adodb.connectio n")<BR> objConnection.open myDSN<BR><BR>I created a separate DSN for the admin portion of the application. <BR>It will allow me to update once or twice, then it returns:<BR><BR>&#062;&#062; Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>&#062;&#062; [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]<BR>&#062;&#062; Operation must use an updateable query. <BR><BR>My permisions are set up as "Change" for one user and "Full Access" for the other, and they both run into this problem.<BR><BR>When I was testing this application out on a test database on the same server, this did not occur (the actual database is a heavily trafficed database).<BR><BR>Any suggestions?????

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default RE: Mind Bender: Updatable status sporadic!

Possibly this MIGHT have some bearing although the "sporadic" part DOES sound mind bending.<BR><BR>Use adLockReadOnly lock type (the default) whenever possible for speed, but use adLockOptimistic when updating and deleting.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR>http://www.Bullschmidt.com<BR>