Password and Login Page (!!HELP)

Thread: Password and Login Page (!!HELP)

Default Password and Login Page (!!HELP)

Hi all. I have 2 pages, one for the generic login, and the other to display the successful page and then redirect them to the correct page. But I have this error :<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01a8&#039 <BR><BR>Object required: &#039[string: "C:InetpubwwwrootS"]&#039 <BR><BR>/SGLNetwork_Local/Password.asp, line 44 <BR><BR><BR>My db is sitting in C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVIntDev98SGLNetworkSGLNetwork_Local<BR><BR>n othing in the C:Inetpub (I dunno why?)<BR><BR>and I have the code:<BR><BR>dbname="/SGLNetwork/Landcare1.mdb"<BR>userName= Request.Form("LoginName")<BR>userPassword= Request.Form ("password")<BR>set conntemp= server.MapPath (dbname)<BR>cnpath="DBQ=" & server.MapPath (dbname)<BR> "Driver={Microsoft Access Friver (*.mdb)};" & cnpath<BR>sqltemp="Select * FROM Member_Password Where loginName=&#039" <BR>sqltemp= sqltemp & userName & "&#039"<BR>set rstemp=conntemp.execute(SQLTEMP)<BR><BR><BR>I am not too sure how server.mappath works. Can someone please tell me what to do?

Vikram Koneri Guest

Default RE: Password and Login Page (!!HELP)

In your case dont use the Mappath property. Give the full path of the DB file. Alternately put the DB File under your application directory and then use the Mappath to get the absolute path.<BR><BR>See Mappath explaination below - In MSDN library search for mappath<BR><BR>&#060;%= server.mappath("data.txt")%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%= server.mappath("script/data.txt")%&#062;<BR><BR>will produce the following output<BR>c:inetpubwwwrootscriptdata.txt<BR><BR>c: inetpubwwwrootscriptscriptdata.txt<BR><BR>respecti vely. <BR>