Querying a Database

Thread: Querying a Database

Default Querying a Database

Hi, I&#039m new, and I&#039ve tried to do my reading, but I didn&#039t see an answer to my question, so apologies if this is a simple question that&#039s been answered hundreds of times!<BR><BR>Anyway, my question is this: I have a database where some of the tables have table entries that are more than one word (i.e., First Name as opposed to FirstName). I am trying to use a SELECT statement that needs to choose items based on one of those table entries. However, I am not sure what combination of apostrophes, quote marks, etc., that I would use to clarify the entry. So far, everything that I have tried has not worked. Also, I am assuming that whatever method I use would also work for tables that are more than one word (i.e., Member List as opposed to MemeberList), right? Or am I being too simplistic?<BR><BR>I do not currently have the option of changing all the names to make them single-words, though I might be able to do that in the future.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance...I&#039ve had great fun trying to learn on the fly. I&#039m hoping to be able to sit down with a book and/or a class in the future, but I don&#039t know when that will happen.

Default RE: Querying a Database

Heh...I think I just got confused with the use of single quotes, double quotes, and brackets...Oh well.