"Session expired - Relogin"

Thread: "Session expired - Relogin"

Default "Session expired - Relogin"

How can i show the message "Session expired - Relogin" .Now, in my case when the users session has expired it automatically takes user to login pg.. I want to additionally show the messg also. <BR><BR>:-)

Default RE:

I have accomplished this... I&#039;m assuming you have set some session variables on the first page of your site??<BR><BR>Basically, I wrote a little VBS function which I call at the top of every page...the function is called kickout()<BR><BR>function kickout()<BR><BR>if session("yoursession") = "" then<BR> &#039;Session is not present or expired.<BR> response.redirect("nosession.asp")<BR>end if<BR><BR>end function<BR><BR>When the session expires, the function will forward the user to a nosession.asp (or similar) page.<BR><BR>HTH,<BR><BR>Carl.

Jay Seagrave Guest

Default RE:

This is how I did it, in JS:<BR><BR>&#060;%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT"%&#062;<BR >&#060;% var AccGrp = Session("svAccess")<BR>if (!AccGrp)<BR>{<BR>Response.Redirect("/admin/nosession.asp");<BR>}<BR>else<BR>{<BR>if (AccGrp&#060;=3)<BR>{<BR>}<BR>else<BR>{<BR>Respons e.Redirect("/admin/noaccess.asp");<BR>}<BR>}<BR> %&#062;<BR><BR>Thus, they are redirected to "nosession" if session has expired or they haven&#039;t logged in; they are given the page if their SV is &#060;=3; and they are redirected to "noaccess" if their SV is NOT &#060;=3. I am a beginner, but this worked for me.