Error #:800a9c68 -- Application-defined or object-

Thread: Error #:800a9c68 -- Application-defined or object-

Default Error #:800a9c68 -- Application-defined or object-

For the past two days I have been trying to solve this problem with no avail. I have searched MSDN and a variety of ASP sites with no resolution.<BR><BR>I have developed an ASP component using Visual Basic. This component allows a user to input a string into a text box and returns records from a database. I developed the database in Access and have since imported it into SQL Server 7. When I run the application in VB (connecting either to the Access DB or SQL Server) everything works fine. When I compile the .dll with the Access connection string everything works fine. When I compile the .dll with the SQL Server connection string, however, the first page is created (i.e. the text box to accept the search string) but I receive the following error message when it tries to query the database:<BR><BR>Catalogue error &#039 800a9c68&#039<BR>Application-defined or object-defined error<BR>/Catalogue.ASP, line 13<BR><BR>Here is the connection string:<BR>CatalogueCommand.ActiveConnection = Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated<BR>Security=SSPI;Pe rsist Security Info=False;Initial<BR>Catalog=CACatalogue;DataSour ce=NICAEA"<BR><BR>This does not appear to be a .dll registration issue... is it possibly a security issue?<BR><BR>I have developed the ASP component using the following software<BR>configuration:<BR>* Visual Basic (Service Pack 3)<BR>* Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (Service Pack 6)<BR>* Access 97 (Service Pack 2)<BR>* SQL Server 7 (Service Pack 1)<BR><BR>Please help!<BR><BR>

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: Error #:800a9c68 -- Application-defined or obj

Try using a System DSN via ODBC for your data connectivity instead of an ADO OLEDB datasource. I know that VB WebClasses will also work with any datasource during development, but require a System DSN to work when deployed. I&#039m not sure about the specifics, but it&#039ll only require you to change one line of your code and to create a system DSN to test it out. Let me know what happens.