What does this mean

Thread: What does this mean

Wini Guest

Default What does this mean

Heloo I have a code downloaded from internet and it has following statement <BR>javascript:history.go(-1)<BR> <BR>bot I cant finf history.go declared any where in the code.<BR>So I was wondering is it an inbuilt function and what does that (-1) stand for.<BR>

Default history.go()

&nbsp;<BR>http://www.devguru.com/technologies/ecmascript/quickref/history_go.html<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>history.go(delt a) <BR> <BR>history.go(location) <BR> <BR>The go method loads a specified URL from the History list. There are two ways of doing this: you can either go to a relative position backwards or forwards in the list, or you can specify all or part of the URL you wish to load. To go to a relative position forwards in the list, you use as the Delta argument a number greater than 0 for the number of places forwards and, likewise, to go to a relative position backwards in the list, you need to specify a negative number equal to the number of places backwards. If the Delta argument is 0, then the current page is reloaded. for example, the following code creates a button, which when pressed, loads a page 2 entries previous in the history list: <BR> <BR>Code: <BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Go" onClick="history.go(-2)"&#062; <BR> <BR>

Default basic javascript

www.webmonkey.com<BR><BR>read and digest their javascript tutorial. all will become clear

Wini Guest

Default RE: history.go()