about emails

Thread: about emails

pvbabu Guest

Default about emails

hai guys,<BR>i am facing some problems while sending massmils.<BR>i had arround 1000 eamilids in database.<BR>i want send a mail to all emailids.<BR>we can do with cdonts,but i am facing some problems?<BR>i am sending mails like this<BR>while not rs.eof<BR> mail.to=rs("mail")<BR> mail.from=frommaddress<BR> mail.subject=subject<BR> mail.send<BR>rs.movenext<BR>wend<BR>problem what i am getting is after sending some mails it is <BR>stucking.<BR>but next time it is difficult to find up to where mails sended.<BR>is it possibe to send mails from where it is stucked?<BR>i want reply as soon as possible.<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: about emails

you shouldn&#039;t do this with ASP. ASP has a timeout which means it&#039;s unsuited to long processing tasks<BR><BR>the best solution is to write an .exe file in visual basic to do it for you (the syntax is so simlar it&#039;s amazing)

Default RE: about emails

Select the records using order by clause and also use a temporary counter which you can store in database whenever you get error. Next time again select the records and move the recordset by counter value which you have stored in the database.<BR>I think this will help you.