Small Problem requiring Big Brains

Thread: Small Problem requiring Big Brains

Durgesh Narania Guest

Default Small Problem requiring Big Brains

Hi,<BR><BR>My Name is Durgesh and I have a problem to crack and It would be great if you could suggest me how to go about it. I do have some ideas but they and are vague and I am not sure how to go about it. I have to build an on-line reservation system which requires us to go to the various jobsites,and get the relevent information.It works like this, when a person wants to get a hotel reservation done in a particular area he would enter the zipcode and area where he wants the hotel.Based on this criteria I want to get into the various travel sites and get the relevent information about the rates.Not only this I want to give the user additional info on the competitors rate in that area which would enable him to compare the rates. I also want to maximize the speed and I was wondering if we could get the data from all this sites at one hit.My idea is to use the site server, use web-agents like spider,Robot etc. If I am right in my approach then please guide me furthur.If somebody could answer this our Team would be grateful. Mail me at<BR><BR>Thanks for reading this<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Durgesh

Default WOW

That is a TALL order to fill.<BR><BR>Just off the top of my head I think you&#039;re going to need the cooperation of the hotels. Room rates change for a variety of reasons. One of the biggest reasons they change is seasons. You will need to look at what dates the user wants the room for and also check for availabilty. Rates can change based on how much business the hotel has as well.<BR><BR>Just my 2 cents but the above is only 1 of the issues I see.

Los Angeles, CA

Default WOW is right.....

how will a spider help you do anything that is dynamic??<BR><BR>you will have to get access to a Db where you have the Hotels in a area (then find based on the zip) secondly the "slightly" easier bit you have to get the rates..though you THINK this is easy, remember the rates change. then check if they have a vacancy...<BR><BR>and for that you either have to have the hotels update a Db or maybe link up to their computer and get the information you need....<BR><BR>maybe you could just tieup with another site which already does all this.