can't connect dbf file under linux

Thread: can't connect dbf file under linux

Mark Guest

Default can't connect dbf file under linux

Hi everybody,<BR>Please tell me what wrong with my codes:<BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/NEW_ORDERS/ST_CRS.DBF") & ";DRIVER={ODBC dBase Driver(*.DBF)}"<BR>objConn.Open <BR><BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>strSQL = "SELECT * FROM ST_CRS"<BR>set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRS.Op en strSQL, objConn,adCmdTable<BR>objRS.Open strSQL, objConn &#060;- line 15<BR><BR>when I run my asp file, I get an error message:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset.1 error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>SQLState: S0002<BR>Native Error Code: 1509<BR>[MERANT][ODBC dBase driver]File not found &#039;/home/chiliasp/asp-apache-3000/ST_CRS.DBF&#039;.<BR><BR>/new_orders/ca.asp, line 15 <BR><BR>my st_crs.dbf file is in <BR>/home/sites/home/web/new_orders/st_crs <BR>

Default MS doesn't support Access on Linux...

MS doesn&#039;t support Access on any system *except* Win32. MS has never licensed Access to any other company to port it to any non-Win32 system.<BR><BR>So...<BR><BR>You can&#039;t use Access databases on any system except Win32 systems.<BR><BR>You will need to convert to some other database system, most likely MySQL.<BR><BR>Visit and the Linux forum there to see how others have fared in this regard. If you really get in trouble, try, but don&#039;t expect them to write code for you. They can help with configuration problems and the like, though.<BR><BR>