Querying Groups of Data

Thread: Querying Groups of Data

Default Querying Groups of Data

Hi. I&#039m trying to query groups of data from an Access DB to display on a Webpage, but I&#039m having some trouble. I&#039m using:<BR><BR>set dbconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>dbconn.O pen Application("DSN")<BR>sql = "SELECT URL, count(URL) AS URLCount FROM LinkHits WHERE Date like &#039 7/%/99&#039 GROUP BY URL"<BR>dbconn.execute(sql)<BR><BR>Is this SQL statement possible to use in ASP? I keep getting this error: <BR><BR>ADO could not find the object in the collection corresponding to the name or ordinal reference requested by the application.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for any help.<BR><BR>Kris

Bijal Guest

Default RE: Querying Groups of Data

try this<BR>RS = dbconn.execute(sql)<BR>instead of <BR>dbconn.execute(sql)<BR><BR>set dbconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>dbconn.O pen Application("DSN")<BR>sql = "SELECT URL, count(URL) AS URLCount FROM LinkHits WHERE Date like &#039 7/%/99&#039 GROUP BY URL"<BR>RS = dbconn.execute(sql)<BR><BR>Hope this works.<BR>Bijal.