Non caching asp pages

Thread: Non caching asp pages

BU Guest

Default Non caching asp pages

How do I remove asps from browser / proxy cache so that previous pages are not displayed on clicking browser back button

Priyan Guest

Default RE: Non caching asp pages

Hi,<BR>Here are the commands to place at the top of your ASP.<BR> <BR>To prevent a Web page from caching on the client, add <BR>&#060;META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"&#062; <BR>to the Meta section of your Web page: <BR> <BR>To prevent the caching of ASP at the proxy server, add the following lines at the top of your .asp page <BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Expires = 60<BR>Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"<BR>Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR>%&#062;<BR>This script code MUST be the first line of the ASP file. <BR><BR>Priyan<BR>

Default RE: Non caching asp pages

I don&#039;t think this was the real question, but I&#039;ve had trouble with Netscape caching pages even with all the combinations of:<BR> <BR>Response.Expires = 60<BR>Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"<BR>Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"<BR>Response.CacheControl <BR><BR>...that I could try. Only surefire way I found to stop caching was to append a timestamp to the URL, so it looks like a new page to the browser. Just add Server.URLEncode(Now())