Compile ASP page

Thread: Compile ASP page

1. #1 Guest

Default Compile ASP page

Is there way to compile (encrypt) ASP page source code ?<BR>that user (on the server side) cannot see the source code...<BR><BR><BR>Thanks

Ian Stallings Guest

Default RE: Compile ASP page

Compiling and encrypting are two different terms with diffferent<BR>meanings. <BR> <BR>A compiler is a special program that processes statements written in a particular programming language and turns them into machine language or "code" that a computer&#039s processor uses.<BR><BR>Encryption is the conversion of data into a form, called a cipher, that cannot be easily understood by unauthorized people.<BR><BR>But if you want to restrict access to prying eyes<BR>you should use the security features built into the server<BR>(Both NT and Unix have good security features). Encrypting<BR>an ASP page is possible but decrypting at run time is very<BR>expensive (cpu wise).

rickg Guest

Microsoft just released something called Windows Script Encoder 1.0 that does just what you are asking about... I haven&#039t played with it yet, but the link to it is on this page:<BR><BR> <BR><BR>it&#039s 3 or 4 items down on the page...

Ian S Guest

Cool component. I checked it out and this is in the documentation:<BR><BR>"Clever algorithms and carefully designed scripts were always completely visible because they were stored as plain text<BR>Obviously, this is not good if you&#039re trying to get an edge in a very competitive environment"<BR><BR>hehe - clever algorithms :) In ASP?<BR><BR>I dont care what it does - It can be recreated.<BR>Scripting has always been open source that&#039s the beauty of it.<BR>That&#039s what this message board is all about. I mean who out there<BR>is really writing something new? It&#039s just ASP.<BR><BR>