How to pass arguments to an Activex control from a

Thread: How to pass arguments to an Activex control from a

Isabelle Guest

Default How to pass arguments to an Activex control from a

Hi<BR>I hope someone can help me. I have designed an Activex control in VB6. When I upload it on the server it works fine if the arguments I need are hard coded within the control itself. However, when I pass the arguments to the control from my asp page, the control ignores them. Could you tell me how to pass arguments to an activex control?<BR>Thank you ever so much.<BR>Isabelle

Default RE: How to pass arguments to an Activex control fr

what method do you call from your ASP Page ?<BR>does that mehod have a argument ?<BR>like...<BR>Public Sub StartControl(ByVal PassedID As String)<BR>and in yout ASP code call the method by<BR>objName.StartControl(withID)

Isabelle Guest

Default RE: Thank you Marcus for you help bu it doesn'

Thank you Marcus for your prompt answer.<BR>On my ASP page I have the following: <BR>&#060;OBJECT ID="UserControl1" CLASSID="CLSID:162376E8-3765-4147-A2B0-947EC1D4A688" CODEBASE="hi.CAB#version=1,0,0,7"&#062;&#060;/OBJECT&#062;<BR>&#060;script language="vbscript"&#062;<BR> UserControl1.set_text("Hi!")<BR> UserControl1.Command1_Click()<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR>And in my control itself:<BR>Public Sub set_text(ByVal mytest As String)<BR>Text1.Text = mytest<BR>End Sub<BR>Public Sub Command1_Click()<BR> set_text (mytest)<BR>End Sub<BR>Public Sub Text1_Change()<BR> set_text (mytest)<BR>End Sub<BR>I hope you can help me.<BR>Kindest regards,<BR>Isabelle<BR><BR>