FileSystem Object locks up IIS

Thread: FileSystem Object locks up IIS

Marcel Vogel Guest

Default FileSystem Object locks up IIS

Hi,<BR><BR>I have a very simple template read script, it was running just fine, till now. Just today it stopt working and I get no errors.<BR>My browser just keep on loading and loading.<BR><BR>Anyone know what to do?<BR><BR>Here&#039;s the script:<BR><BR>Dim objFileSystem<BR>Set objFileSystem = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR>Set objTemplate = objFileSystem.OpenTextFile(m_strTemplateFile, 1, False, 0)<BR>m_strTemplate = objTemplate.ReadAll<BR>objTemplate.Close<BR>Set objTemplate = Nothing<BR>Set objFileSystem = Nothing<BR><BR>Marcel.<BR>

Default RE: FileSystem Object locks up IIS

Below code works fine:<BR>-------------------------<BR>Dim objFileSystem <BR>Set objFileSystem = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") <BR>m_strTemplate = "d:yourpath estlab est.txt"<BR>Set objTemplate = objFileSystem.OpenTextFile(m_StrTemplate, 1, False, 0) <BR>m_strTemplate = objTemplate.ReadAll<BR>objTemplate.Close <BR>Set objTemplate = Nothing <BR>Set objFileSystem = Nothing<BR><BR>..a

Marcel Vogel Guest

I know, I don&#039;t think my problem is the code.<BR>But I don&#039;t know what it is, I also checked my permissions from my windows 2000 machine, that&#039;s also good.<BR><BR>Please somebody help me.<BR><BR>Marcel Vogel.<BR>

Kumichou Guest

I had the same problem today, and this worked for me. It appears that this problem happens when you update Norton AntiVirus 2001. The newest update includes ScriptBlocking, and unfortunately, ScriptBlocking interferes with FileSystemObject. Contact your server Admin, and find out if they&#039;re running Norton AV. It&#039;s possible that this is the cause of your problem.