Application variables>>>

Thread: Application variables>>>

Patch Guest

Default Application variables>>>

Hi, <BR><BR>I am using an Application variable in my global.asa file to check if a user is already logged into the system. I do the locks etc and it all works OK&#062; BUT Netscape just crashed (as it often does!) and the Application variable wasn&#039;t reset - meaning I couldn&#039;t log in because it thought I already was logged in....if that makes sense!! I have Sub Application_OnEnd in the global.asa file to clear the variable but presumably it only does it when the browser in properly closed?<BR><BR>Can anyone help AND should I be using the Application variable for this type of thing?<BR><BR>thanks,<BR><BR>Patch

Default Options

Relying on Application or Session events to "always" occur is probably not a good idea. Is there a reason you don&#039;t simply check a session variable. If not logged in, go through the process to log the user in, then reset the session variable. What need are you trying to fill by using the Application variable?

patch Guest

Default RE: Options

Thanks for replying..I don&#039;t really it happens I don&#039;t think the Application variable would work anyway. I&#039;ll try and use the session variable as you suggest. Could I still have a problem if I get bombed out of the browser and the variable isn&#039;t cleared?<BR><BR>cheers,<BR><BR>Patch