Help...IIS, 404, and Request.ServerVariables("URL"

Thread: Help...IIS, 404, and Request.ServerVariables("URL"

Ed Guest

Default Help...IIS, 404, and Request.ServerVariables("URL"

I&#039;m trying to use write a script that automatically sends an email to our webmaster when a 404 error occurs on the site.<BR><BR>I&#039;m attempting to capture two things: the HTTP referer and the requested page. The HTTP referer is no problem; I simply use the Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER") object, and there&#039;s either a referring page or not. The REQUESTED page, however, is giving me some problems.<BR><BR>When IIS serves up our custom 404Error.asp page, the Request.ServerVariables("URL") object always returns "404Error.asp," as opposed to the incorrect URL that is visible within the location bar! I&#039;m using some client side javascript (location.href) in order to get that requested page value. There has to be an easier (and cleaner!), server-side way to do this?!<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Ed

Default RE: Help...IIS, 404, and Request.ServerVariables(

ServerVariables("PATH_TRANSLATED") will give you the physical path of the current ASP page.

Mike P. Guest

Default RE: Help...IIS, 404, and Request.ServerVariables(

Just curious, what good does the PATH_TRANSLATED command do? He already knows that the script is returing 404.asp which is his error page.