String Line Returns

Thread: String Line Returns

Shawn Kubik Guest

Default String Line Returns

I&#039;m constructing a string in Javascript that appends multiple strings into one string. However, I need to be able to enter line returns to move the next line down.<BR><BR>Is there a special character that I can use to indicate a line return?<BR><BR>This is essentially what I&#039;m doing:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> var myString;<BR><BR> myString = "Hello " + (Recordset1.Fields.Item("FirstName").Value) + " " + (Recordset1.Fields.Item("LastName").Value) + ",";<BR><BR> myString = myString + "Your User Name is: " + (Recordset.Fields.Item("UserName").Value);<BR> <BR> myString = myString + "Your Password is: " + (Recordset.Fields.Item("Password").Value);<BR>%&#0 62;<BR><BR>The above should be displayed:<BR><BR>Hello Bud Weiser,<BR><BR>Your User Name is: Beerman<BR>Your Password is: wazzzup<BR><BR>It currently displays:<BR><BR>Hello Bud Weiser,Your User Name is: BeermanYour Password is: wazzzup<BR><BR>Any ideas how I can insert those line returns? I&#039;ve tried entering &#039;
    &#039; at the end of each line, but when I run the page it complains about errors and it doesn&#039;t display.<BR><BR>BTW, this string is then either output to a textarea, or output to an email using mailto (yes, I know about the issues with doing that, but I need to do it anyway).<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>- Shawn Kubik.<BR>

Default RE: String Line Returns

line return escape character is "