Is ACCESS97 good or bad ???Question for everyone i

Thread: Is ACCESS97 good or bad ???Question for everyone i

Default Is ACCESS97 good or bad ???Question for everyone i

Hi I have a question concerning ASP and ACCESS97. I’ve been told that I can use an ACCESS97 database to put on my WebServer but I would need an upsizetools for ACCESS97 because the WebServer only interacts with SQLServer, Oracle, etc…etc… but it doesn’t interacts directly with ACCESS97. Is this true?<BR><BR>I’ve also made some test and I’ve created my connection to my database (ACCESS97) through my Global.asa and in my DataView I can see my tables and my recordset. If I see my tables and recordset does it mean that my connection was made…I guess so! The problem is that in my .asp code I’ve use this type of connection with my database:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim rst, cnn, strSql<BR>Set cnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Set rst = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>strSql = "SELECT * FROM Client WHERE Num_Client = &#039" & Request.Form("txtNum_Client") & "&#039"<BR><BR>cnn.Open "Menu","",""<BR><BR>rst = cnn.Execute(strSql)<BR><BR>Response.Write rst("Num_Client") &#039etc... etc..<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>When I execute this page I get this type of error message: <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified <BR><BR>/Dominic/Inscrire.asp, line 8 <BR><BR>Can somebody explain to me if the fact that I’m using an ACCESS97 database has to do something with that error that has occurred or is it just a simple error of coding?<BR><BR>

Chris P Guest

Default RE: Is ACCESS97 good or bad ???Question for everyo

Its your coding.<BR><BR>I use Access 97 databases for my web site ( with no problems.<BR><BR>