User table in SQL Server

Thread: User table in SQL Server

Default User table in SQL Server

Hi !<BR><BR>May I know how can I transfer those user, permission and access table to a new database ?<BR><BR>For example,<BR><BR>database apple --&#062; database apple1<BR><BR>I managed to transferred all other user created DB but I can&#039;t transfer master database.<BR><BR>Please help !

peterjl Guest

Default RE: User table in SQL Server

It is not advisable to transfer system tables from one SQL DB to another. These tables are special tables that are built by the system when you issue SQL commands.<BR><BR>If you want to setup user accounts in the new database, you need to write SQL commands in a script, eg:<BR><BR>Syntax<BR> Statement permissions:<BR>GRANT {ALL &#124 statement_list} <BR>TO {PUBLIC &#124 name_list}<BR><BR> Object permissions:<BR>GRANT {ALL &#124 permission_list}<BR>ON {table_name [(column_list)] &#124 view_name [(column_list)] &#124 <BR>stored_procedure_name &#124 extended_stored_procedure_name}<BR>TO {PUBLIC &#124 name_list}<BR><BR>or you might dump the database:<BR><BR>Makes a backup copy of a database and its transaction log (DUMP DATABASE) or makes a copy of only the transaction log (DUMP TRANSACTION) in a form that can be read into SQL Server using the LOAD statement.<BR><BR>Syntax<BR>Dumping a database:<BR><BR> DUMP DATABASE {dbname &#124 @dbname_var}<BR> TO dump_device [, dump_device2 [..., dump_device32]]<BR> [WITH options <BR> [[,] STATS [ = percentage]]]<BR><BR>Dumping a transaction log:<BR><BR> DUMP TRANSACTION {dbname &#124 @dbname_var} <BR> [TO dump_device [, dump_device2 [..., dump_device32]]]<BR> [WITH {TRUNCATE_ONLY &#124 NO_LOG &#124 NO_TRUNCATE}<BR> {options}]<BR><BR><BR>