Read the source of a URL into a variable?

Thread: Read the source of a URL into a variable?

Rob Guest

Default Read the source of a URL into a variable?

Hey --<BR><BR>I am trying to figure out how to read the source of a web page into a variable.<BR><BR>For instance, I want to grab stock ticker data from Yahoo!, so I can go to the following URL:<BR><BR><BR><BR>which returns (at this point in time) 23.02,+0.0200<BR><BR>Now, I can view that in the browser fine. But is there a function that I can use to call the web page and get the "23.02,+0.0200" into a variable that I could then manipulate before displaying on my own page?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default Read about ASPTEAR on 4Guys<eom>

Rob Guest

Default ASPTear Help

Has anyone gotten the free version of ASPTear to work? My network admin can&#039;t get it installed correctly on our server ... or something.<BR><BR>I get the following error message:<BR><BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039; <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/relliott/test.asp, line 5 <BR><BR>Invalid class string <BR><BR><BR>Any clues?

al dawg Guest

Default RE: ASPTear Help

You can go to the microsoft website, which gives you COMPLETE source for your own (VB dll) version of it that works just as good if not better...and it&#039;s free (if you have VB).<BR><BR>I can&#039;t find it right now...but it&#039;s out on MSDN.