Microsoft's XMLHTTP Object

Thread: Microsoft's XMLHTTP Object

Default Microsoft's XMLHTTP Object

I&#039;m using the XMLHTTP object to retrieve text from other websites. I was following an article from 4guys on how its done. I installed the XML parser from microsoft which lets me use the object in my VBScript. But I&#039;m still getting at error: &#039;Server.CreateObject Failed&#039;. the code:<BR><BR>Dim objXMLHTTP, xml<BR>Set xml = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")<BR> <BR> "GET", "", False<BR> <BR> <BR>Response.Write xml.responseText <BR><BR>set xml = Nothing<BR><BR>I&#039;m developing the site on my own PC, a networked Win98 machine. At the moment in using PWS as the server. My internet access is through a proxy server too. Is it possible to use this object in my current environment or what do I need to do.<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated<BR><BR>

Default RE: Microsoft's XMLHTTP Object

I spent the last few minutes poking around MS&#039;s site to see what needed to be installed to have MSXML2 installed... all I could seem to find was articles that hinted that if IE 5.0 was installed on the Web server, this component would be installed. Do you have IE 5.0 installed on your Win98 machine?