strange problem

Thread: strange problem

tbank Guest

Default strange problem

I&#039;ve been running into something pretty strange on a server i&#039;m posting an application to. At the end of a couple of my scripts I make calls to the database to delete records for instance here is one<BR><BR> Dim RS, MyConn, SQLr<BR> Set MyConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> MyConn.Open db<BR> SQLr = "DELETE FROM Pending WHERE UserName = &#039;" & strUserName & "&#039;;"<BR> Set RS = MyConn.Execute(SQLr)<BR>MyConn.Close<BR><BR>These work fine on my local machine and accomplish the task, I have another that deletes records in one table if a certain date is greater than or equal to 15 days, and in that same script it deletes records from another table that are 3 days or older. These all use the same method, and work fine locally on my machine running wink 2k and IIS 5.0, However, on the server I post to they yield 500 errors. Does anyone have an explanation as to why this is happening?? The server I post to is also running IIS 5.0 and win2k I would assume everything should jive, but I guess not. Is there another way I should go about removing these records from the database??<BR>thanks in advance<BR>tbank

Nils Bilhorn Guest

Default RE: strange problem

Firstly, the method for deleting is okay. <BR>By 500 errors I assume that you mean something like HTTP 5xx page not found. If you uncheck the show friendly http messages box you should see the real error, which probably relates to the database.<BR>To uncheck this setting look under the tools menu, chose Internet Options, then Advanced