Retrieving name of server

Thread: Retrieving name of server

New to SQL Server Guest

Default Retrieving name of server

Hello,<BR><BR>How would I go about finding what the server name for my SQL Server is? I&#039;ve looked through the books online, and all I&#039;ve found was that supposedly, the server name was entered upon installation. I don&#039;t know though, I just want to connect to the database. Below is the code I have so far.<BR><BR>ConnString="Driver={SQL Server};" & _ <BR> "Server=cx914423-a;" & _<BR> "Database=uploads;"<BR>Conn.Open ConnString<BR><BR>Now, my server admin told me that cx914423-a was the name of the server. However, when I try and connect to the database I get an error, shown below.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e4d&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user &#039;CX914423-AIUSR_CX914423-A&#039;. <BR><BR>/upload/process.asp, line 25 &#039;*(Line 25 is Conn.Open ConnString)<BR><BR>So, I just want to know either (a)how to find out the name of the server, or, if necessary (b)how to establish the name of the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

New to SQL Server Guest

Default Please help!

Yes, please help! If I cannot do this, please just tell me so, something. Please!