Web page Hit counter

Thread: Web page Hit counter

Manoj Guest

Default Web page Hit counter

Hi There<BR><BR>I am trying have a page hit counter for my web app.<BR><BR>I talked to my friend and he said there is counter object available [fpcount.exe ] in Visual interdev. All I have to specify is the .GIF file to it [Left , center and right animation files] and put that in my root directory. But this solution doen&#039t seems to be working.<BR><BR>[I know the other way which is, Lock the app object, increment the counter and show /store it in the page, but these counters which are in the web, have a pretty neat appearance. So I prefer to use them.]<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>Manoj

rhys Guest

Default RE: Web page Hit counter

Hi,<BR><BR>Try calling the page counter component <BR>to count page hits on a particular page.<BR><BR>Set HitNum = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.PageCounter")<BR><BR>the n to display on the current page use the Hits method ie<BR><BR>&#060;% =HitNum.Hits%&#062;<BR><BR>also you can use the counters component<BR>to measure hit count for an application <BR><BR><BR>&#060;Object runat=Server Scope=Application id=Counter<BR>progid="MSCW.Counters"&#062;<BR>&#06 0;/Object&#062;