Recordset Open with Dbase 5

Thread: Recordset Open with Dbase 5

Wiebe Niehof Guest

Default Recordset Open with Dbase 5

Well I followed a book that is written to work with msaccess, but I&#039;m using dbase5.<BR><BR>He makes the dsnless connection to the dbase5 database. And when I try to open the recordset it says:<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a01b6&#039; <BR><BR>Object doesn&#039;t support this property or method: &#039;Execute&#039; <BR><BR>/nokia/Ringtones.asp, line 90 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>My code is:<BR><BR>Dim objRS<BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRS.Open "TblNokia.dbf", objConn, adOpenForwardOnly, , adcmdTable<BR><BR><BR>I hope anyone knows the answer.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Wiebe Niehof

Wiebe Niehof Guest

Default RE: Recordset Open with Dbase 5

I&#039;m sorry. I get this error:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a01c1&#039; <BR><BR>Argument not optional: &#039;Open&#039; <BR><BR>/nokia/Ringtones.asp, line 90 <BR><BR><BR>The connection works, the only problem is the recordset..<BR><BR>I&#039;M DESPERATE!!<BR><BR><BR><BR>