Need exepert help...please :)

Thread: Need exepert help...please :)

Default Need exepert help...please :)

Hi i&#039ve created my database connection in global.asa and i can see in my DataView, my table and my records. <BR><BR>This is my Inscrire.htm page<BR>&#060;form method="post" action="Inscrire.asp" id=form1 name=form1&#062;<BR>Please enter the client number<BR>&#060;INPUT id=txtNum_Client maxLength=15 name=txtNum_Client&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT id=submit1 name=submit1 type=submit value=Continue&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>Now this is my Inscrire.asp page<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim rst, cnn, strSql<BR>Set cnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Set rst = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>strSql = "SELECT * FROM Client WHERE Num_Client = &#039" & Request.Form("txtNum_Client") & "&#039"<BR><BR>cnn.Open "Menu"<BR>rst = cnn.Execute(strSql)<BR>Response.Write rst("Num_Client")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>My problem is when i enter a number in the txtNum_Client(textBox)<BR>and i click the button Continue<BR>i get this message in my browser???<BR>can you please tell me why???<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified <BR><BR>/Dominic/Inscrire.asp, line 8 <BR>

Sathiya Guest

Default RE: Need exepert help...please :)

Is Menu is the SystemDSN name. Try to give the full connection string so that you can easily trap the error and after that change to SystemDSN.